Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grill Works...a little bit

Today I had a nice American meal from Grill Works. Grill Works is the burger bar up at Coates. The reason I chose to eat there today is because generally around 12:30 PM, when I get out of my class on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, there is a monstrous line in Coates for the sandwich bar and I generally don't eat the school's pizza. My favorite item at Grill Works is the turkey burger with bacon and pepperjack cheese. I prefer a turkey burger compared to the standard Angus burger because it is leaner, healthier meat (leaner meaning it contains less fat.) The reason I choose pepperjack cheese is not only because I like a spicier meal, but I like to mock my sandwiches after those from Whataburger. In my favorite Whataburger burgers they include pepperjack and bacon, the two things which I make sure are on mine. In addition to pepperjack and bacon, at Whataburger I get jalapenos on my burger, therefore I do the same at Grill Zone. After they are done cooking my burger, I bring it over to the condiment bar. From there I include lettuce, red onions, pickles and ketchup. If I feel hungry enough I'll also make second order...of mozzarella sticks. Mozzarella sticks, here at least, are only good with marinara sauce. Because this is not what one would call a particularly light meal, I prefer water with this because water doesn't have too overwhelming of a flavor and doesn't fill you up like a soda or Gatorade would.

No comments:

Post a Comment